It’s almost time for the 25th annual Camden Point Freedom Festival, Saturday, June 30! Here’s the official schedule of events!
Freedom Festival Parade 10.a.m.
Parade begins at the elementary school. Pick up parade entry forms at the Mid-Continent Public Library in Camden Point. Entry categories are: service, political, float, motorized, cool car, animal, walking/bikes. Parade participants should be at the school by 8:30 a.m.
(Note: The Camden Point Library parking lot will not be available for parking during the parade because of the Northland Wood Carvers program (below) going on.)
All Day Events:
- Softball Tournament (adult)- Ball association
- CP Fire truck & NRAD available for kids to “tour” – Life Flight appears at 2:00pm
- Mountain Men Camp.
- Civil War reenactors informational tent
- Mo. State Parks – Bicycle safety
- Platte County Health Department- information
- Platte County Community Center North-– 9 above games and information Vendor and Craft Booths
- Northland Wood Carvers demonstrations – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Mid-Continent Public Library in Camden Point (East of ball field on Hardesty Street.)
Games and Contest:
12 p.m. – 2 p.m. Weston Moon Shiners- Car Show
1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Carnival Rides- for multi ages -Quad Jump, Trackless Train, Millennium Obstacle Course, Old West Crawl Thru, Dual Slide
2 p.m. – 3 p.m. Pie Baking Contest- receiving pies
6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Face Painting
6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Baptist Church games/activities
2 p.m. – 3 p.m. Three-Legged Race
2 p.m. – 3 p.m. Adult Tug of War
1 p.m. – 3 p.m. Corn Hole Game
3 p.m. – 4 p.m. Water Balloon Toss
12 – 12:30 p.m. Beatniks girls dance: Park end of Third Street
1 – 2 p.m. Missy/Master Contest 2-5 yr old: Under Gazebo ( check-in-in at 12:30; pick up entry forms at Camden Point library)
2:30 – 3 p.m. Karate Demonstration: Park end of Third Street
3- 4 p.m. Peddle Tractor Races: NW parking lot by metal building
2- 5 p.m Karaoke: Under Gazebo
5 – 6 p.m. Gospel Group: Under Gazebo
7:30 – 9:30 p.m. Matt Snook and Country Tonight: Under Gazebo
Dusk @9:45pm FIREWORKS: Northwest corner of Park.
Smokin Haugs BBQ: BBQ, Homemade Sausages
Boys Scouts/Cub Scouts: Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, French Fries, Fried Pickles, Beef Jerky
Ice – Ice Baby: Shaved Ice
CP Ball Association: Nachos, Chips, Candy, Tea, Lemonade
NP Panther Band Boosters: Ice Creams, Cotton Candy
Kettle Korn: Kettle Korn